Monday, November 17, 2008

Oh my

On Friday Forrest lost something that is not his and is very important. So being the good supportive wife that I am :), I went through the house searching everywhere he had been the evening before. I remembered him sitting on the couch, so of course the couch had to be searched. I stuck my hand down the back as far as I could and pulled out little treasures belonging to the girls, but not the item in question. So of course, the couch had to be up ended and the bottom pulled off to see if it had fallen all the way down. Of course it had not, but what I did find is what I want to write about today.
I found many things that had been collecting there for years. The green bead lizard key chain that Gina lost years ago. Toys that had just disappeared. Pictures of our children when they were younger. And of course the various unmentionable food items that you do not want to know about.
As I was pulling these items out, several thoughts occured to me. How grateful I am that through all these years we have had enough food to feed our family that the scraps dropped down the couch were not missed. Pictures tell stories of happiness in our home (at least some of the time.) The toys told of children playing, and laughter.
Our home has never been perfect, but it has seen much joy, and for that I am grateful.
Thanks couch for reminding me of times past.

No comments: